Dr.Rispa Namasaka Wepukhulu
Dean, Faculty of Education and Social Sciences (FESS)
The Kibabii University Faculty Education and Social Sciences started its operations in March 2011 in accordance to the legal notice no.115 of August 2011. The initial student population has steadily increased to 3,816.The Faculty has eight  departments coordinated by a chairperson. The departments are as follows;
Department of Curriculum, Instruction & Technology CoD Dr. Edwin Masibo
Department of Science &Mathematics Education CoD Dr. Robert Kati
Department of Education Foundations CoD Dr. Injendi Juma
Department of Social Sciences CoD Mrs. Kathleen Muchilwa
Psychology & Early Childhood CoD Mrs. Wanjala Florence
Social work & Criminology CoD Ms. Patricia Gaciuki
Department of Kiswahili and other African Languages CoD Mr. Erick Wamalwa
Department of English, Literature, Journalism and Mass Communication CoD Mr. Amayi Iwrote Zakayo
The Faculty runs programmes ranging from Doctor of Philosophy to Certificate.
The Faculty aims at producing world class graduates who are able to transform the society with the acquired skills .Hence the overall teaching and learning strategies have been put in place to encourage students acquire an integrated and holistic body of knowledge and skills that enable them change the world around them and make the society a better place to live in. This is achievable given the fact that the Faculty has qualified, experienced and committed staff who are better placed to impart the relevant knowledge and skills.
As the DEAN and true to our motto DIVERSITY for INNOVATION I take this opportunity to welcome each one of you to the Faculty of PURPOSE and let us all work as a team to make our Faculty a world class for others.
- Produce graduates with right knowledge, skills, and attitudes for development
- Generate knowledge that will help create pedagogical strengths for learning
- Develop research culture to enhance the quality of education
- Promote linkages and collaboration among faculties locally and internationally.
- Promote application of knowledge, attitudes and skills and attitudes in solving socioeconomic problems in the community through dissemination and extension.