|Date from to||Institution, Location (City, Country)||Person Responsible To||Position||Responsibilities/Duties|
|1st February 2018 to Date||Kibabii University Bungoma-Kenya||Chairperson of the Department of Social Work and Criminology||Lecturer|
- Involved in the set up of exams and the marking of results.
- Involved in the research and designing of new courses and materials.
- Assessing students course work and material. Assess the work and progress of students and provide them with constructive feedback.
- Engage in professional development in relation to teaching, learning and assessment, including the use of an evidence-informed approach, which utilizes the outcomes of research and scholarship, to enhance practice.
- Responsible for Exams Coordination at departmental level administrative tasks as assigned by Chair of the Department.
- Providing mentoring, advice and support to students on a personal level.
- Write papers and submit for publication in leading research journals or international conference proceedings
- Present research at national and/or international conferences and/ or at other appropriate events.
Departmental exams coordinator. Receiving set exams from lecturers, invigilating exams, receiving marks after marking, organizing for special exams
- Participate in internal initiatives/events to the benefit of the University e.g. open days, outreach activities.
|1st January, 2013-28th February 2018||Masinde Muliro University of science and Technology||Directorate of Postgraduate school||Senior Admin|
- Organizing for board meetings, workshops for post graduate students
- Compiling list of deferments, extension of studies, change of supervisors for tabling in the Postgraduate board
- Maintaining standards of publications by providing guidance to postgraduate students on reputable journals.
- Receiving proposals, thesis and examiners reports by ensuring timelines are adhered to
- Organising for oral and written examinations
- Providing general information on Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) to post graduate students with financial difficulties
|January 2014-2017||Masinde Muliro University of science and Technology||Director Odel||Instructor – Odel E-Learning For Criminology Students|
- Teaching the material with online video lessons
- Leading online discussions of the course material via forums and web chat
- Responding to student comments and questions posted online
- Evaluating student papers, projects, tests and other assessments
- Maintaining records on student progress/grades
|January, 2008 –december,2012||Office of the President, Ministry of Internal security and Provincial Administration||District Commissioner||District Officer|
- Disseminated government policies, maintained law and order, by Enhancing Community policing and nyumba kumi strategy
- Arbitrated conflicts among community by responding to conflict early warning signs through coordination of the peace committees comprising of security agencies and stakeholders
- Collected intelligence report among other responsibilities
- Carried out independent and sensitive investigations and produced detailed security reports by ensuring thorough collection of information regarding insecurity
- Developed monthly returns of incidents reports and kept records of crimes mostly committed by the members of the public
- Mobilized the stakeholders, NGOs, CBOs and security organs joint forums to promote peace in all their forums where insecurity issues was addressed amicably