Dr.Rispa Namasaka Wepukhulu
Dean, Faculty of Education and Social Sciences (FESS)
The Kibabii University Faculty Education and Social Sciences (FESS) started its operations in March 2011 in accordance to the legal notice no.115 of August 2011. The initial student population has steadily increased to 3,816. The Faculty of Education and Social Sciences is the leading Faculty in advancing Educational Research, Teaching and Learning in collaboration with other learning Institutions within and outside Kenya. In contributing to excellence in education and other sectors we provide leading edge in Teacher Education and social Sciences at Certificate , diploma, undergraduate and graduate levels to diverse clientele.
The Faculty has eight (8) departments each under the leadership of a chairperson. Each department has established strong linkages with relevant Organization and Institutions for school practice, Industrial and Field attachment as well as research. The departments are as follows:
1. Department of Curriculum, Instruction & Technology CoD Dr. Edwin Masibo
2. Department of Science &Mathematics Education CoD Dr. Robert Kati
3.Department of Education Foundations CoD Dr. Injendi Juma
4. Department of Social Sciences CoD Mrs. Kathleen Muchilwa
5. Psychology & Early Childhood CoD Mrs. Wanjala Florence
6. Social work & Criminology CoD Ms. Patricia Gaciuki
7. Department of Kiswahili and other African Languages CoD Mr. Erick Wamalwa
8. Department of English, Literature, Journalism and Mass Communication CoD Mr. Amayi Iwrote Zakayo
The Faculty looks forward to benefitting from the MOU signed on 3rd and 18th November 2017 between the Kibabii University and the Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT) and Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (KUPPET), respectively.
The Faculty runs (six) undergraduate programs, (six) masters and Four (4) PhD Programmes with a total student population of over six (6) thousand.
The Faculty aims at producing world class graduates who are able to transform the society with the acquired skills .Hence the overall teaching and learning strategies have been put in place to encourage students acquire an integrated and holistic body of knowledge and skills that enable them change the world around them and make the society a better place to live in. This is achievable given the fact that the Faculty has qualified, experienced and committed staff who are better placed to impart the relevant knowledge and skills.
As the DEAN and true to our motto DIVERSITY for INNOVATION I take this opportunity to welcome each one of you to the Faculty of PURPOSE and let us all work as a team to make our Faculty a world class for others.
- Produce graduates with right knowledge, skills, and attitudes for development
- Generate knowledge that will help create pedagogical strengths for learning
- Develop research culture to enhance the quality of education
- Promote linkages and collaboration among faculties locally and internationally.
- Promote application of knowledge, attitudes and skills and attitudes in solving socioeconomic problems in the community through dissemination and extension.